Sunday, June 14, 2009

ENJOY your Sunday!

Just a quickie to throw my hat, er, CARD in with Kristina Werner's Color Challenge #54! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend and that you, and you know who you are...: are gettin' your CRAFT on! Yee HAW!





I LOVE THESE COLORS, but when it came time to throw together a card {and I literally mean THROW!} I was SO overwhelmed with ideas! BELIEVE IT OR NOT! But I am up to my eyeballs helping my wee-girl get her fair entries together today before she goes out of town with dear friends of ours to the Monterey Bay Aquarium! DOH! So we've been crafting together for days, me being her personal assistant, art teacher, mommy and homicidal maniac... Please take that with love..... but if you've ever done a few days like this in a row, with an 8 year old who already thinks she knows EVERYTHING, you know what I mean and can have a good chuckle at my expense! Please! Anywhoo, I thought these colors were pretty hot, but no, sadly, I couldn't see a way to weave them into a Western theme.... So, I was thinking of graduation and birthday cards I need to get to and: THIS is what happened! I'm getting to enjoy cranking out these "fat free" cupcakes with my Martha Stewart glitter for super sugary, sparkle delight AND some teeny tiny paper snips to keep the color theme alive! I sure isn't my customary style of card, but that's what I love about challenges!

Hope your weekend is challenging and FUN in a good way, too!

Supplies:

C/S - Stampin' Up!
D/P - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Stampin' Up!
Screen Printed Transparency - Hambly
Punches - Stampin' UP!
Die Cut - Sizzix & Stampin' Up!

Thanks for visiting, lovely crafters and friends!

xo-

E.

8 comments:

Winter said...

Very cute! I love the arrow pointing to "Life" and that cute little cupcake! Top pick for sure! :)

Rosemary said...

Great card, again, dearie! Glad you got something done today for the challenge. I got nothin', but oh well... that's what happens sometimes! By the way, just love your cupcakes!

tg said...

Cute card Elise! Love how you laid it out and you make such cute cupcakes. So jealous that the little one gets to go to the Monterey Aquarium! Love it there.

The Gourmet Scrappers said...

The cupcake is just adorable! And oh, how I wish I had that enjoy life stamp! It's precious :)

~Blair and Carly

Karen said...

Good for you for getting your craft on and getting through her Fair entries!! I tried to convince A to try some since its his favorite subject right now...dinos...but, he informed me that school is OUT!!! Thanks for the delightful pre lunch calorie free sugary treat! Oh yea.........Congrats on your slideshow! :>:>:>

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute I love the arrow!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhh the Enjoy Life over the hambly brick in LIME! That sizzles, girl! ANd then there is that little matter of a bejeweled cupcake....mmmmmm gooooood!

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhh look how CUUUUTE!!!
Sprinkles and ALL! This is one of my top faves of the challenge!