Thursday, April 14, 2016

Petaluma California Ranch Painting


A few years ago I painted this lovely ranch that I would see each morning on the drive to take my kids to school in Petaluma, California. I was constantly surprised by how different it could look in various light and nature conditions. I intend to paint it again, and again in the future, but for now I am grateful it was completed and suited the vision I set out to capture. Last year I had the good fortune of meeting the wonderful family who live on this incredible property - and THEY BOUGHT the painting! Yay!

 
Jewel of the Backroads ©2014 by Elise Durenberger                   9 x 12" Acrylic on Canvas



3 comments:

Carol L said...

I'd LOVE to live on a farm like this, and what a fabulous treasure for the new owners to have this painting hanging in their house! It's just beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Stunning!!!!! I love your California landscape captures. Makes me feel like I am back home! xoxoxoxo

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your work. Every picture is so interesting and beautiful. I've never lived on a farm, but always wanted to. At this time in my life there is little hope that that dream will ever happen. I'll have to enjoy it though your eyes!