Friday, December 10, 2010

Yes, I know I have glitter on my face!

Have you ever seen that stamp? It's a classic!

I could have used it today, as I crafted my card for THIS week's Just Us Girls Challenge - If you're feeling seasonally festive, or even if you just have a thing for bling...

YOU are going to love this!





I'm totally delighted to be a guest designer with Just Us Girls, this month: they have SUCH fun and diverse challenges {*Swoon!*}... This week, the challenge is to use "stained glass" technique. I hope you'll swing by their site for all of the details. My cliff notes version is: stamp on transparency with your favorite solvent based ink, then on the back side, use your favorite clear adhesive or Stickles to add glitter BEHIND your image. When DRY!!!!!!!, flip over and BOOM - goes the dynamite: SPARKLING STAINED GLASS TECHNIQUE!





For some positively glorious color inspiration, I was THRILLED to finally partake in the BRILLIANT colors from the Play Date Cafe!!!! {It's been FAR too long! Ack! I have missed those talented folks!} So, I'm tossing in a two-fer, this round: PDCC & Just Us Girls! A match made in crafty HEAVEN!




Aren't those colors DELICIOUS! This was the perfect palette for my SNOWMAN worship {!}... Yipeee!

So, here's the juice ~ THE JUST US GIRLS vault of creative euphoria.... CHECK IT OUTTTTTT!





Such nice crafty gals! I hope you'll play along this week.... KNOWING how busy we all are - but remember what Tim{!} says, take some time to be CREATIVE! YOU deserve it!

{We ALL do!}

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies -

C/S - Stampin' Up!
D/P - Cosmo Cricket
Stamps - October Afternoon (Snowman & sentiment); Snowflake - WPLUS9 design studio
Ink - Stampin' Up!; Staz On; Colorbox Chalk
Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts
Circle Punch - EK
Baker's Twine - Timeless Twine
Ribbon - Michael's
Jingle Bell - Darice
Scallop Circle - Sizzix
Stickles - Ranger/Tim Holtz
Glitter - Doodlebug

19 comments:

Karen said...

Your post title sent me back to my days working at a rubber stamp store and going home with ink covered hands and dressed, from head to toe, in glitter! It did make me smile though. :>

And so does your card!! Especially, that sweet swishing swathed in glittery delight, snowman! And I can't help but delight in your perfect little blue jingle bell...it is the little things that make me smile! :>:> Have a marvelous weekend, friend!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this---a technique I've not tired, so I think I'll get to it! Such a sweet snowman, too!

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous glittery feast for the eyes, elise! the snowman is just adorable! will try to give this new technique a try this week. you inspire....

Maria said...

What a darling snowman all glittered up...too cute!!! Also, love the snowflake paper, border, and ribbon!

Maria said...

So fabulous! You did a fabulous job with the snowman he looks wonderfully sparkly! Love it!!

Ann said...

Eeeeee! SO stinkin' cute!

AKiteFlier said...

This is just fantastic - I love how you used the glitter as "shadow" or 3D effect on your adorable snowman. Really clever Elise and I just love how you "talk" - I feel like yer sittin here in my kitchen having a cuppa. ANother job WELL done for JUGS!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super job with our color story for this week! That snowman is adorable and I love all that bling! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Kind said...

Oooohh, I love how you glittered up only a part of your snowman! So clever! And I know what you mean about the glitter...I had it all over me too! Really lovely card, Elise!

Ruby said...

I'm totally swooning over your card! It's GORGEOUS! I love how you've done the glitter on your snowman, he's adorable! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!

farmhouse-story said...

what a darling effect! i have to try this technique, elise--thank for the inspiration! i'm off to see your guest post:)

Michele Gross said...

Oh. My Gosh! I am in glitter heaven!! Absolutely adorable and that jingle bell is the sweetest!! Have I told you lately that you are a creative genius?? Seriously!! Ridiculously cute!! :)
I just tagged you on my blog post today :D

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE how you glittered part of the snowman! SUPER cute!! Great card--and just for the record...I always have glitter everywhere for DAYS after using it:) Glad I'm not the only one!! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the color fun over at the PDCC:}

Unknown said...

good job

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely beautiful and it's SO great to see you back in The Play Date Cafe...you've been missed :(

Kerrianne said...

OMG Elise - I'm in LOVE with this gorgeous card!! And yes...I always have glitter all over the place...what a fun technique...I will def have to try out!! And where did you get that fabulous purple baker's twine?!?! Rock on sista!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your win at PDCC! This snowman is SO adorable!

Kristin Eberline said...

Girl, you did an amazing job with last week's technique challenge!!! How absolutely clever to use glitter to highlight your snowman and doll up his scarf and top hat! Love the jingle bell you tied off with the baker's twine...and you did a fab job with the fun color palette from the Play Date Cafe also ♥ Beautiful work girlie!

Andrea M said...

First, let me apologize for not stopping by sooner to profusely praise this most wonderful, glittery creation!!! I LOVE that you used the glitter to highlight the shadows - how brilliant is that?!?! WOW!!! This is absolutely a feast for the eyes! Great job GF!!!