Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October Release - Sneak Peek Day #3!

Yipeeee!

It's day NUMBER three! {Aren't we so sneaky! Aren't you DYING to see the rest of these sets!?!}



Set # 3, from WPLUS9 design studio, is called Pointsettia Patterns - ENDLESS fun, and terrific sentiments abound. This is a truly modern and versatile set - it's earmarked for Christmas, but the gorgeous, elegant and complimentary patterns and images make it a set for ALL seasons! Look closely how, "Mrs. Non-mathmatical" me created patterns with just some of the stamps from this set! [And for much more sound mathematics {!} check out what DAWN did!]




The semi scalloped, circular piece in this card was created, by merely STAMPING, using Sizzix Circles #2 as a guide and mask. {There are four different size circles} First, use a scratch piece of card stock and cut the circles - SAVE circle shapes and the negative image. I used the biggest CIRCLE as my main guide, stamping two different Poinsettia stamps, both in Riding Hood Red {the smaller stamped-off once} at opposing sides of this circle, stamping AROUND the circle shape, lightly tacked down to my Vanilla card stock... Brain trust that I am, I did not think to take pictures along the way... Here's my main guide "leftover" so you can get the idea... No measuring here - I'm an eyeball girl ALL THE WAY!





The OUTSIDE edge of these stamps is what created the large, scallop shape. I used the negative shapes of the circles to trace around the stamped images, with pencil, and then cut out the shape with my fave detail scissors. I attached the smallest circle in the middle with low tack tape, used the negative LARGE circle to mask in reverse {to protect the already stamped outside edge} and then stamped the green inner circle. After removing all masking, I stamped the red CENTER image, using the NEGATIVE shape of the smallest circle to mask again. I hope that doesn't sound too complicated - it was actually easy, and not very time consuming! I don't think you could go wrong just to play, anyway... {That's what I love SO much about stamping to begin with! Eh!?!}




What I love about this look is that my main image is one LAYER of stamping. {Although you could surely stamp your heart out, and then just stack circles, cut with your favorite circle cutter... I love the fact that I did it on one level.} Click on the image to see all the detail! What fun!

Since no release party is a PARTY if you don't see EVERYTHING...{!} I hope you'll check out what wonderful stamp celebration the other gals came up with! CHECK 'EM, friends! {It's all good!}



Kerrianne
&
Dawn!

Here's the skinny of this wonderful set:

Poinsettia Patterns

  • is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 18 stamps; 12 background building images and 6 sentiments
  • will be available for purchase October 7th for just $19



I'm DELIGHTED that you've popped on by for MORE fun! Your lovely comments MAKE ME GIDDY! Thank you for sharing your valuable blogging time with me! I hope you'll come back tomorrow for the group release extravaganza!!!! It's Octoberfest, W9 style! Yeeeeee Haaaaaw!!!

C/S - Stampin' Up!
D/P - Making Memories {tiny polka-dots}
Stamps - WPLUS9 design studio
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Ribbon - Michael's; Stampin' Up!
Bling - Michael's
Paper Pointsettia - Making Memories
Paper Letters {LOVE} - Making Memories
Micro Pearls Powder - Tim Holtz/Ranger
Versa Mark
Label Punch - Stampin' Up!
Justify Full

11 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Elise! This is sooo beautiful! I love your color choices, and all that layering is fantastic... Swoon!

Sabrina said...

WOW! A truly beautiful, bright, and cheerful Christmas card. Wonderful effects with the layering, too.

Karen said...

WOW! That is one snazzy ONE layer piece of pointsettia fabulousness!!! I just had some mini pumpkin fun today and now you've got me thinking Christmas! heehee :>:>

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Love it! I am not a poinsettia girl, but this masterpiece, especially that trick with the circle is awesome!!!!

Rosemary said...

well... now that is one mighty fine card, elise! you are the master of technique and that mastery just shines in this card!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally over excited about this one... must go lie down! Jo x

Karen B. said...

What a trasnformation of a pointsettia, love the non traditional color combination.

Laurie Chilton said...

WOW Elise this set is absolutely beautiful. Love,love,love your card. I think I am going to have to buy this one for sure. :)

Savitri said...

One hottie pattotie non math card :P
I love math. I almost became a math teacher after moving to Missouri just cause I had credits from my engineering program. But, decided it wasn't my thing. I still love math though and I can still figure out the square root of a lot of numbers without a calculator :P

~amy~ said...

well, I LOVE this card...sooooo wonderful!!!

Paulina said...

Love this card so much, Elise! I've been seeing the doily look around so much- love that you were able to use Dawn's fab new set to accomplish the look! The colors are so gorgeous and I adore that poinsettia blossom you added!