Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back in blogland, again...

celebrating W9 with my friends...{!}




Yes, I'm feeling THANKFUL! I've got a lovely stack of Dawn's latest stamp sets, three different designs and it's time to sneak peak our way to fabulousness! OCTOBER 2010 release, babies!!! It's here!




Check out the gorgeous Damask design I've stamped here with ACRYLIC paint onto some transparent material! {Dawn's stamps took acrylic paint beautifully, and I was able to clean them with no trouble, using a baby wipe!} Like "buddah" - these gorgeous images stamped and cleaned up like a dream!

Even this elegant sentiment, from Mehndi Medallions, stamped well with acrylic paint, lightly sponged directly onto the stamp. I liked the near opaque quality of this sentiment over one {of TWO!} journaling line styles from this set...




Damask Frames
  • is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 13 stamps; 3 sentiments, 4 frames, 2 journaling lines, and 4 accent images.
  • will be available for purchase October 7th for just $19

For those of you in LOVE with Damask {and REALLY, isn't that ALL of us!} this is a set to give you endless combination possibilities! Seriously! I was struck by the "journaling medallion" look, but if you love to connect patterns and blaze your own, unique Damask trail, YOU are going to adore this set! For your NEXT stop, check out Dawn's samples - I'm telling you - she NEVER stops inspiring me! And, as always, I'm certain you'll love what the other gals have created with this most unique and all purpose set - I hope you'll go explore for yourself!

Kerrianne
Hannah
&
Dawn!

I've been "off" paper craft for a few weeks, but playing with this set got me RIGHT back in the saddle! What a fun ride! There's something about Dawn's images that gets me stamping SO easily... Yeahooooo! {Now, I'm ready for day 2! hee hee - HOLD YOUR HORSES - I'll just have to wait until TOMORROW!}



THANKS! I'm soooooo grateful you stopped by!


Supplies -

C/S - Stamping Up!
D/P - Cosmo Cricket
Stamps - WPLUS9 design studio
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Edge Punch - Fiskars
Label Punch - Stampin' Up!
Leaf Punch - Mrvy
Chipboard Shapes - Cosmo Cricket

10 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE how you stamped with acrylic on acetate! Must try! AND how this card is so perfectly ready for fall! Just beautiful!

Savitri said...

Fun fall card!!!! I LOVE Damask too and Dawn's is quite unique!! I can't wait to get my hands on my set and play!! Lucky you to have them already :)

Rosemary said...

wow! gorgeous card, friend! so good to see you back card crafting and in such a big, fantastic way! yeee haw!!!

Kerrianne said...

Elise - oh how I've missed you!! Welcome back and back with a blast of fall fun! I love this card - especially that you embraced acrylic! You brave girl you!! I will def have to try this out!! XOXO!!

Dawn said...

I have to try the acrylic thing, I think it would be awesome on canvas...hmmmm Thanks for the inspiration girl! I always come away with something to add to my "to try" list. ;o)

Hannah said...

Fabulous, fabulous. As always.

Leah said...

Oh Elise! Love it stamped in acrylic paint...I've tried it but am never happy with the results, but your creation is AMAZING!! I am so excited about this set, can't wait to see more:) Hugs...

farmhouse-story said...

you make this technique look easy! lovely card, elise!

Karen said...

LOL! Do you know why I'm laughing?! I'll tell ya.....because when I opened this beauty up, I immediately thought, "Oh, cool! E is using overlays!" Why was that oh so cool to me? Because I need to be reminded to (& how to & inspiration to) use overlays....which you did indeed provide here.....except, you made your own!!!! Oh so Very cool!! :> Love the acrylic on acetate and its reminding me of the acrylic paint stamping we did on metal (I can see my stamped painted pineapple from where I sit & its like a smile from you! :>).

Happy to see you in blogland, my friend, whether it be for fine arts or papercrafting...its all great to me! :>

~amy~ said...

Such a fun & festive fall card!! I'll have to try the paint!! Thanks for the inspiration!!