Sunday, September 19, 2010

All Eyes On... COLOR MISTING!



And ... Country Songs...{!}




This month, the team from WPLUS9 design studio is a little misty... SHIMMER MISTY, that is! WAhoooooooo! Clever Dawn, always challenging us with a-little-bit-more... came up with the brilliant {as in SHIMMERY! hee hee} idea to work with some form of color misting! I love that she just wants to continue to inspire, and sometimes answer her customer's specific requests for MORE ideas! In the process, little ol' me gets to use STUFF that otherwise, sits around for extremely RARE usage... blah, blah {hoarder!},blah...

So, here I was...




Okay, I am... a... {lil' bit..} of a hoarder, when it comes to craft supplies... LUCKILY, I know lots of folks who are JUST AS BAD as I am! {Thank goodness!} Someone, VERY DEAR TO ME, is now legendary in local scrap circles for purchasing nearly EVERY color of Glimmer Mist, once upon a time, when a group of us made a shopping trip to a FABULOUS, Bay Area Scrapbook store... {LOVE her!} I'm SO grateful that she's an excellent sharer, as well. She loaned me HER ENTIRE COLLECTION!!! {I guess I should have photographed it, in it's entirety, but oh, well. At least I got to play - and LOVED IT! I've made a few colors using Tim Holtz's micro pearls powders, and I've been collecting more of the wee-little spritz containers for WHENEVER! But, I must say, these here Glimmer Mists were AWESOME fun!





I wish I could give you a visual tutorial of the steps I took in this fun process, but I was terribly unhappy with my photos of the "steps", so I'll give you the abridged version... Using NOTHIN' but W9 stamps, I was bent on a western look {WHAT???? Imagine!}... So I stamped a darling bud from EVER AFTER, with embossing ink and embossed it with clear on Caramel card stock... Then, I GOT ALL MISTY! Several different colors, that were inspired directly from the Cosmo Cricket "Wanted" paper collection... {HOW delighted do you think I was, with the recent addition to that line - OMG! YEEEEEEE HAW!} I misted and misted and whipped and dabbed - Mmmmmm, hmmmm! Looking good! Then, I stamped the wood grain image from Woodgrain Silhouettes, and then got busy with BROWN mists {Auburn and Cocoa, I believe!} ... I stamped it vertically and then cut a strip of paper and adhered it to the lacy edge image from Mehndi Medallions... Some faux pearl accent in silver... Yes, ma'am! {Card craft fun at it's best!} Some "seafoam" mist around the edge of some Baja Blue card stock produced a real pleasing western blue - that made my heart swoon!

Finally, I'm giving myself a western style pat on the back for my funny sentiment. Do you think this is a very NICE card to send to someone...? I guess that depends on your view of Country Music... {which, I LOVE, but still am not sure that wishing someone "a never ending country song"... is exactly, well wishes.... Perhaps it depends on the particular song... } So let me confess, I was thinking of a not very nice COUNTRY song as I thought of this sentiment...

I guess I should apologize to Dawn for altering her wonderful "Wishing you a never-ending love SONG" sentiment - it's SO beautious! But I happened to have an EXTREMELY old stamp that read "I *heart* country"... It was, literally, the first stamp I ever bought! {The rubber is so old, it has petrified!} But I had fun. And if it makes you feel any better - I have just the right person in mind to send this to...

Don't worry, it isn't ANY of YOU! I swear!

~And that's all I have to say about that! *WINK!*~

Meanwhile, as long as the saddle is on the horse, RIDE on over to the other W9 gal's creative sites and CHECK out their journey with Color Misting! Something tells me you'll be "spritzing" for yourself, soon! Yeeeeeee Haw!


Savitri
Maile
Kerrianne
Hannah
&
Dawn!




Supplies -

C/S - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Embossing Ink - Tim Holtz
Embossing Powder - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - WPLUS9 design studio
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Twine - {? - Whoopsie! - ?}



17 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

I for one thing a never ending country song is delightful! ...but I can see how it could not be so lovely depending on the lyrics! HEEEE he he heeee! You so funny! Way to put a saddle on the mist and ride that greenhorn like the pro you are! ....and I now have seafoam envy so thanks for that!

kasia c. said...

I love your card and all the little details! It is a fabulous creation that was worth the lengthy prcess! :)

Beth said...

If you sent it to me, I'd spend my life wondering what I did to make you mad!!! But, I'd still follow your blog because you're amazing!!! hahaha

Beth said...

PS.....love the new header!

Rosemary said...

wishing you a neverending love song with crafty supplies, my friend! what an amazing card! so many fantastic details, as always! your talent has made me all, dare i say "misty"! tee hee!

~amy~ said...

chock full of goodness! happy monday!

Kerrianne said...

You are just too funny Elise!! I love this card and especially the way you dolled up the sentiment! I could definitely think of someone to send that card too!! ha ha!!! So much fun with this Glimmer Mist!! And thank you for always stopping by and leaving me so much love!!! XOXO!!!!

Michele Gross said...

Super cute Elise! Now about the never ending country song, kind of cool as long as they play it backwards at some point so they can get their dog back, their truck back, first and second wives back! LOL! This card fits the requirements at Wee Memories too if you feel like playing along!
Hugs!!

Karen said...

Love this post, Elise! You were cracking me up and I could HEAR you the whole way through! :>:> Another gorgeous original card a la YOU! And can I just say, LOVE this, "blah, blah {hoarder!},blah..."!!?!!?!!! :>:> Giggled out loud at that one!

Jinny Newlin said...

Elise, you crack me up! I love your stories! This is fabulous!

Dawn said...

LMAO...I could think of a few too! Love what you've done, all of the details and the creative way you combined all of those stamps. Truly, truly fantastic!!

Dotty Jo said...

You are just brilliant Elise, who else could have worked their own unique magic and come up with this little wonder. If I was wearing a hat I'd be taking it off to you right now my super talented friend!!!! Jo x

Ann said...

This is entirely too fabulous, Elise! I adore that lasso around your sentiment!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Sounds like you had tons of misty fun!! Very cute card, and yes, I am in the camp who would not feel very good about the sentiment, on many levels, LOL!!! I'm a rock 'n roll gal myself, and seriously, all that misery and woe that's always talked about in country songs... imagine your whole life, with your best goat run away and your tractor broken and your husband run off with the tractor-driving goat.... ROFL! Just kidding - love the card!!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love everything about this!!! It's my kind of card!

Alicia Weiman said...

Love your card! You are too funny about the "never ending country song! Now my 4 year old would love it if they played Rain is a Good Thing all day long!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great card Elise!! Have missed visiting you! Going to try and keep up from now on! :)