Saturday, June 12, 2010

Whazzzzup, DOG?

I'll tell you whazzup....

COLOR! Good color challenge, fantastic sponsor and some wonderful composition inspiration.... WOOF, WOOF! {?}



For weeks I've been trying to make a "date" with myself to get back over to the ever-fun and coffee inspired, Play Date Cafe! And, FINALLY, I'm sitting here, having been all challenged by their delightful colors... Actually, I grabbed some inspiration... uh, from a lot of places...

First let's start with the color!




Now the card!


But, for fun, let's back it up to where I had NO idea how to handle these colors.... {You must be at the edge of your seat.... hee hee *note the sarcasm!*} First, there's color, of course.... BUT, then, there's the gorgeous, hilarious and super talented Courtney Baker, who is sponsoring this week's challenge!!! {Treat yourself to a gander at her super-fabulous blog!} Although I have a VERY long wish list of her fantastic stamps that I'm dying to own, I sadly only have ONE at this time. Inspiration, #2 - "Look Up!" stamps!

But then, looking around my scrap room for some good ju-ju... I spied THIS funny card that my cute nephew sent a while back...



Soooooo, bare with me... You might not be familiar with my smallish dog, Oatmeal...



{I needed the girl to help capture ultimate cuteness...} Anywhoo, this wee-lad is a Chihuahua & Boston Terrier, but I thought of him after viewing that silly card, and THIS scene that took place this morning...



Much to Oatmeal's fury, Auntie Cow walked right up to the back door of Scrapland! He barked and fussed and let her know that she is NOT welcome... {Although, I get no end of enjoyment out of a scene like this... That's just how I roll...} Due to lack of grass and the unkind welcome, she eventually strolled away....



So, THAT was fun {for me}... And upon my desk was some very small, very cute new stamps from Basic Grey... and this one dog LOOKED AT ME! His expression, a sky full of CLOUDS {ala WPLUS9, Birds and Bees...} and HOT AIR BALLOONS... and that funny sentiment...


AND this awesome new sketch from Card Patterns!
WHAT luck! Inspiration fireworks all around!


This was the final push I needed to marry all of this fun influence into one silly little card!


Inspiration is all around.. we just hope it jumps out and barks at us, when we need it the most!

Ruff! Ruff!

Have a great day!


Supplies -

C/S - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Practicing Creativity {Balloons & "up"}/WPLUS9 {Clouds}/ Basic Grey {Dog}
Embossing Powder & Craft Ink - Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz & Sizzix
Die Cut Oval and Scallops - Sizzix
Die Cut Letters - Sizzix
Scallop Punch - Stampin' Up!
Water Color Wonder Crayons (WHITE) - Stampin' Up!
Stickles - Tim Holtz/ Ranger

24 comments:

Beth said...

Hilarious! I LOVE Mama cow! She was so curious! How fun to catch all that right from your little spot in scrapland! And thanks for introducing to us to your little pup :-)

Dana Gustafson said...

I'll tell you what else is up, dog, the freakin temperature up in here! Wow! from rain to the 90's in a scant few days.... but anywhooooo... you what else is HOT?! This totally cute, totally Mama-E card and fun around the farm antics retold by my favorite blog narrator! I love how you made the new BG doggie come to life! You rock, DAWG! ;)

Karen B. said...

Such a talent you have for making cards come to life, amazing and so inspiring! This card is too cute!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love your posts sista...oatmeal is adorable and so is your card...love your view from scrapland:)

Ann said...

Oh my word, that is too freakin' funny! I love it when dogs do things like that! Your card is super duper cute, too!

Rosemary said...

Good freakin grief!! What an outstanding piece of cardmaking!! The creativity contained within the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches of your "canvas" is just amazing! Genius, pure genius! I just LOVE your blog!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally adorable! What fun, and I love the pics of Oatmeal and Auntie! Jo x

Carol L said...

What a sweet card!! I love the colors and sentiment, and especially your story and photos of oatmeal! I had 2 chihuahua's and they feared nothing either! LOL Have a great weekend!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Wonderful story on how you came to create your card. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

dstandard said...

Totally adorable! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Courtney Baker said...

Seriously how sweet are you? Thank you friend. I love this card! Just so cute! I love the cow/dog story. I wish my Maddie had cows to bark at... ha ha.

Rose said...

how fun is this card!! ok i think the cow walking up to the door and the dog getting upset would have me doubled over in laughing fits for hours!! lol

Vanessa said...

So so funny and cute! Love your great card and reading about your cow and dog - you made me start my day with a laugh! Hugs, Vanessa x

Sam said...

Your card is awesome. Honestly, this is great. Loved reading your post. Thanks for the giggles.

whoistracy said...

What an adorable card! But I love the story behind it and all the photos!!!

Unknown said...

Such a fun and whimisical card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

Sue Lelli said...

Thanks for that FABULOUSLY FUN story! I enjoyed it totally! Your for Play Date is just TOO CUTE!!! LOVE the doggie and the sentiment is hilarious!

Karen said...

Crud!! I commented in my head...AGAIN!!!!

Okay, so you oh So seriously HANDLED these colors!!! And you used that oh so yummy embossing folder that I was drooling over.......drool, drool.....drool...... And Courtney's balloons and that sweet pup........and then...and THEN you shared your sweet Oatmeal and your even sweeter girl.....and then topped this whole sassy post & fabby card off with Auntie Cow!!!!!!! Oh me, oh my....blog post heaven! Thanks for taking me along! :>

farmhouse-story said...

cute pup, cute pup card--love the cow!

Sarah Anderson said...

Great to have you playing along at the cafe :) This is such a fun card!

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely LOVE what you did with this week's Play Date Cafe colors! What a sweet card : )

Jenny said...

Sweet card... love it!! :) :) :)

Sweetieshop said...

Brilliant card! Brilliant blog post! thanks for the chuckle :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That dog is SUPER cute:) I LOVE IT! I think this card is so creative--I love how you combined challenges! So glad you played along with us at the PDCC:)