Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm buzzin' with gratitude...


It's time for ANOTHER Color Cue challenge by Dawn Woleslagle, the masterful designer of WPLUS9 design studios, and the gal who beckons us... Stamp Away With Me...!





I get it. Now I really do. What a super clever blog title... I wonder if Dawn knew she was going to design such brilliant stamps when she started her blog...? Whether or not you are transported by the fantastic and appealing card design, she makes look so easy, or you are mesmerized by the images in her stamp collections, she's just a whole lot of fun! Take this swatch, for example...



Oh, it just feels like summer! {And it's about time!} Aren't these smashing!?! I immediately pulled out the {appropriate} ink, and just started playing with the darling images from Dawn's latest release, The Bird & The Bees. Once I created this sunny little scene, I knew this would lend itself to the use of sentiment inside...

*Speaking of appropriate!* Just a note on my interpretation of the color... When I first viewed this swatch without the color labels, I interpreted the "green" as Crushed Curry from S/U's current In-Color collection. After being DAZZLED by all of the gal's work on Dawn's blog, I can see that the color was interpreted a variety of ways... Sorry for any confusion.. DEFINITELY make sure you see how Dawn used the color... and don't HATE me because I see color on the computer screen and just JUMP in! {Doh!}




*Swoon!*

Aren't those bees + kraft.... {wait for it...} THE BEES KNESS! {Tee Hee!} Soooo many adorable images in this set!!! But, wait! Don't take my word for it! See what Dawn and the rest of her amazing design team have done with the exciting colors from Color Cue #5 and more, more, more of Dawn's stamps....


Dawn
Kerrianne
Savitri
Maile
Hannah
Heather


I sure hope you'll grab some color and play along with the latest Color Cue!
I can't wait to see what YOU do! Giddyap, friends!
Stamp away with ALL of us!




Thanks for taking a peek! I can't wait to return the favor!


Supplies -

C/S - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - WPLUS9 design studio
Ink - Staz On & Stampin' Up!
Stickles - Ranger/Tim Holtz
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Die Cut Letters - Sizzix/Stampin' Up!
Ribbon - Recollections by Michael's

10 comments:

Dawn said...

You crack me up Elise!

And by now you should know that your "interpretation" on the green is fine with me! It's all about being inspired and having fun! I love what you've done here...and the inside is too cute!

Thanks for always "brightening my day"!

Rosemary said...

Oh, Elise! Fabulous card, my friend! Love how YOU interpreted the colors! A set of tricky colors, but you made them sing!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Beautiful colors and card. Love it!

Dana Gustafson said...

No YOU'RE the bees knees! YOu plus Dawn's stamps are a smashing combo. I adore your little scene as only you can make 'em!

Karen said...

Hahahahahaha! YOU crack me up woman!!! And Dana's right, you Are the bees knees! Love your fun, sweet card and those layered letters that PoP off my screen! :>

~amy~ said...

gotta agree with Dana and karen...you are the bees knees my bloggie friend:) super fun card...lovin' that color combo!

Savitri said...

LOVE your card and whatever green you used it's all awesome. I think I have a few shades of green on my page... and a few shades of blue too. It's all in the interpretation as Dawn said and for me... unless somebody's going to chop my hands off for being off shade I'll use however many of them on my project :P

Kerrianne said...

Such a fun and happy card! And I love how you incorporated the craft - it looks so great with the bees buzzing by!!

Michele Kovack said...

FAbulous card! Love the Kraft and bees together!

Carol L said...

It doesn't matter if you mis-interpreted the green color, your card is perfectamundo!! I love the summery feel with those sweet flowers and cute bee, and the sentiment is terrific! Nice job on this color challenge and I love the big letters saying THANKS on the front!