Thursday, March 18, 2010

More FUN with color!

Courtesy of Dawn Woleslagle and her new and improved color challenge, another swatch of breathtaking color to inspire!



And my take on the colors..... (I think I interpreted the teal a bit bright... but that's color for ya! Hope you don't mind!)



I had such a blast with these colors and stamps! I really let myself PLAY with images, texture and color... AND, I confess, I mixed a few of Dawn's WPLUS9 stamp sets to optimize my greetings.... {Fun! Fun! Fun!} Additionally, I exercised the "poymer-tunity" of flipping the owl image onto it's back side and used the non-detailed image to create a mirror shape that I used in "Pinky" owl's thought balloon... THAT'S a cool feature of clear stamps, indeed! ALSO, check out that scrumptious teal ribbon, from PRACTICING CREATIVITY! Yummmmy! {I recently received my stamps and ribbon from Courtney ~so promptly!~ and can't wait to play with that, as well!}



I made TWO cards with this scrumptious palette, because IT WAS THAT FUN! hee hee


What great colors to welcome SPRING! I sure hope you'll grab some time to play along with Dawn's latest Color Cue... There is much excitement on her cute blog with many more fantastic examples of color possibility over there, featuring Dawn's own, gorgeous work and the MIGHTY paper-crafting talents of Savitri and Maile, so check 'em, gals! It's good, clean fun and wonderful inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by, lovely friends of the paper - CRAFT! {Oh, how we love it, so!}


Supplies -

C/S - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - WPLUS9design studio (Images and sentiments); Hero Arts (Cloud Background)
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Scallop Border & Oval Punch - Stampin' Up!
Ribbon - Practicing Creativity&May Arts (solid teal); Stampin' Up! (polka dot)
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Die Cut Flower - Sizzix&Tim Holtz
Stickles - Tim Holtz/Ranger

12 comments:

Karen said...

Uber cute, my friend!! LOVE the color pallette! :> And love that you are finding joy in those clear stamps!! Dawn's owl and your friendly stamping sure are CUTE! :>

Dotty Jo said...

Wooohoooo hooooo! You make me SMILE!!!!! What wonderful cards, especially love that first card with the sweet little owl dreaming of his buddy. Your cards are so beautiful and so witty.... a real feast for the senses my friend! Jo x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such wonderful springy cards! They make me smile :)

Courtney Baker said...

So cute sister!

Rose said...

oh this is too cute! i love the bright colors :) thanks for the tip on using the backside of a stamp, awesome idea!!!

LeAnne said...

VERY clever little ribbon embellie there! And what a fun, sweet, bright, happy card!

~amy~ said...

woot woot!!! I love them...both of them...We don't just get to see one of your cutie pie cards but two...that totally rocks!

Rosemary said...

Cute, cute, cute cards, friend! You are so talented!! Going to get working on something for the challenge, thanks for this inspiration!

Kim Wilson said...

Wow, what a great comment! Thank you :) Its really an honor to have you say such nice things since you are an amazing paper crafter! I love your challenge cards they are adorable!

Carol L said...

I love the thoughts conveyed on the first card, with the owl thinking of the other owl! Too cute! I also love the way you combined twill and polka dot ribbon to make that adorable little bow!! I love teal, and it can never be too bright for me! Nice job on both cards :)

Dana Gustafson said...

Awwwww! THat's so sweet of you to think of me! ;) LOL! Seriously, though, these are way cute and I love the owl-pportunity of flipping the the stamp over. You crafty thing you!

Kelley Eubanks said...

These are both so great and fun Elise!! Love them both! Can't wait to see what you do with those balloons!