Monday, September 28, 2009

How sweet it is!


Got sweet tooth?

Me, too!

Here's some sweet that you DON'T have to feel guilty about!




Sweet B A B Y! Samantha, from Scrapmaster's Paradise, threw down some seriously YUMMY colors this week and I had to get busy with them straight out of the chute! No fermentation needed! These colors are ripe for the pickin', if ya know what I mean!




Not only was this a delicious combination, but I was finally able to catch up with the "Get Sketchy" girls who seem to be having too much fun over at their challenge site, so YEAH! I'm delighted to add some "sketchy" to my "scrapmaster..."






I was compelled to sprinkle in some "home grown" character to my Stampin' Up! cherries... (I created an epoxy look with Crystal Effects and then glued on some happy faces for EXTRA sweet cherry goodness!)



Hee Hee! Ain't they happy lookin'!?! I love the versatility of Crystal Effects "effects" just as long as you can WALK AWAY DURING THE DRYING TIME! Don't even LOOK! DON'T EVEN TALK in front of drying Crystal Effects! Shhhhh! Seriously! Don't touch until YOU ARE SURE the glue is dry!!!!! (Sometimes this is SOOO much more easily said then done!) I know this! {Don't ask how I know: I just DO!... You probably do TOO! But the lesson always bares repeating: especially if there's a wonderful effect at stake! It's WORTH the patience!}

Here's the whole shebang!



How sweet it is to nail two challenges with one card (I know some of you ladies do three times that, but for me two is pretty significant.... My lil' brain is fragile! tee hee) So, dear and lovely friends... It has been SO sweet sharing my adventures in card crafting with you! I hope your week is getting off to a nice {and SWEET} crafty start! Can't wait to "talk" with ya some more! Have a SWEET day!

Supplies:

C/S - Stampin' Up!
D/P - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Buttons & Twine - Stampin' Up!
Arrow and Corner punch - Stampin' Up!
Scallop edge and Flower Shape - traced from d/p (Bazzil) and chipboard (S/U!)
Chipboard Letters - Martha Stewart Crafts
Crystal Effects Dimensional Glue - Stampin' Up!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mama you are on a ROLL!!! This is SO sweet! I love the colors! SPCC is so fun! :-) Great job!

scrapperjulia said...

Very cute card! Love how you created the cherries! Great advise on the crystal effects!

Susan said...

Your card (and your blog) are so much fun! Thanks for using SPCC colors! Oh, and if you haven't tried the Challenge Blog Owners Blog Hop, chirperchallenge requires a creation with a theme of "sweet", so you could totally enter this sweet card!

Dotty Jo said...

Elise, this is adorable - you are on fire with your card making hun! Jo x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

FANTASTIC card! I just LOVE it!! Yep, this would totally work in the "sweet" challenge!!!

Great job!!! xo

thescrapmaster said...

OMG You rock my world :D I love cherries almost as much as I love winter creatures!!!! BLEHE HE HE HEHEHE HEH HEHEH This is super fine!!!!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Allison said...

I love your card and your use of this week's SPCC colors! Plus he little faces on the cherries are adorable!!

ShoppingTamii said...

adorable!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, this is too stinkin' cherry cute! Love it! And yes, you are absolutely right about that crystal effects---just walk away!

Daniella said...

Delicious card!!! Really well done!!
So glad you keep joining us at SPCC!!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - that is a fabulous card - nice sneak peeks at the top of your post too!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those cherries are awesome! I love this card it is soooo sweet! ;)

Rosemary said...

So, I'm late with my commenting. Don't know how I mised this post yesterday, but here I am now!!! What a totally, completely SWEET, SWEET card!!! Love it!!! And those cherries??? Toooo ca-ute!!!

Angèle said...

These cherries are so sweet! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at GS!

Courtney Baker said...

Girl you are rocking it these days! I love it!

Karen said...

Sweeeeeet!! A sweet, happy, colorful little number that brightens my day! And yes, Crystal Effects and I are like magnets to each other.....or should I say WET CE that tries to trick me into thinking its dry just so it can have a permanent fingerprint in it & I are magnets to each other!!! lol

Ann said...

Holy smokers, those cherries are just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen! Thanks for making my day! :D

Kelley Eubanks said...

How cute is that card? It is adorable!! So fun and cheery!! :) ha!! I love it Elise! You go girl!

~amy~ said...

sweet mother of pearl...or should I say cherries? This is super spectacular..such a fun and happy card! Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

Dana Gustafson said...

Suh-weet dude! I dig your shiny cherries and red letters sweet-ie pie! And BUTTON tied with twine! Love it allllllll!

Emily said...

OMG! Do you ever make anything that isn't perfect! Great job!!

Emily-SP Diva

papertrails leaver said...

This one sweet card! Love it!

Linda aka Oz said...

ohhh cherry! And just where was your advice when I swiped undry crystal effects across the face of the card I had worked on for over 2 hours??? and then cried a tear or two (between cuss words). ahhh it is just a card and that means I got to "do it again"!! Love your card E, those faces are da bomb! As cute as the puppys were, I am so glad you are back to layer upon layer of delicious goodnes! Your friend Oz

Winter said...

Oh WOW! I love it! The colors are amazing and I love the little cherries! :)

Dora said...

O my!!! I love this, the colors, everything is stunning!

heidi said...

This is just about one of the cutest cards I've seen in a long time. I LOVE anything with cherries. And then if they're smiling cherries, well that's just all the better!! Awesome job!!!

Heidi SP Diva

Craftastic Life said...

you card is adorable!!